Monday, January 26, 2015

Vogue Knitting Live - Finale

Are you sick of them yet?  This one should be shorter.....so after Floor 1 of the Marketplace, and stopping for lunch, we hit up Floor 2 (or actually the Sixth Floor)..anyway this floor had many of the vendors I see at the various fiber shows around New England...so we kind of breezed through it...I did stop at the Holiday Yarns booth and bought a sock kit...and said hello to a sickly Jennifer...

I also took some pictures at Neighborhood Fiber Co....because they had some fun things...



Really, really wanted that cowl....

And I really liked a shawl at Dragonfly Fibers
and this chair was really cool...
But the highlight was the Stephen and Steven Fashion Show..I met Stephen West at Rhinebeck a couple of years ago...and he was in absolute constant motion on the stage...here's a taste...


Finally a decent shot...
But seriously, this is how most of it looked...
GGmadeit has a video of the show on her Facebook page...and she has much better pictures of the whole weekend on her blog...she was there all three days...

After this, we headed home in the gloaming....
It was a wonderful Saturday spent with a fun, enthusiastic fiber friend...next event?  The Connecticut Sheep and Wool in April.....I am spoiled with shows...but this is now the "dry" season...









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sick with envy maybe. Except the Steph/ven show. West is just too removed from knitting for me. At this point he is just making a mockery of knitting. But that's just MHO. Love the colors in those yarns!!!

Renee Anne said...

I have a love of West's earlier designs...and then he got a little too bizarro for me. Oh well.

I've been looking at the Vogue Knitting Live Pasadena information (for April) and I'm considering it...but it means driving to Los Angeles and Husband would have to take time off work and......::sigh::