Sunday, April 13, 2014

YOP #15...and this happened.....

Spring Break...finally!  I have so much to do this week though...one of them is taxes...yep down to the last minute on those...we have been paying in the last couple of years, so I wait to do them.....since we don't have children or own a house, they are actually pretty easy to do..just a couple of hours...then I'll be doing some spring cleaning....I still have a few Santas up in a couple of corners...But I am also going to be crafting..and yesterday I sat down and tried to figure out what was wrong with Rainbow Wings...First wedge, 39 ridges, second wedge 50 ridges, third wedge 30 ridges...yeah...this happened...
I frogged it.....the Hubs said it looked like a mass of colorful spaghetti....but by the end of the night, we were back to here
Actually, I am on couple of rows into the second wedge.....I really want to wear this...so I am hoping to get the majority of it done this week....

I also made a baby hat and started on a second one.  But that was it.....I survived my very busy week and I can't wait to relax this week...beautiful weather, I opened the window for the first time yesterday....hopefully a trip to Northhampton, which will involve a stop at WEBS.....no big plans, just cleaning, relaxing and crafting...have a wonderful week all....

2014 Completed Projects: 
Gift Cowl 1/3/2014
17/17 Hats for students (December/January 2014)
Chicago Mitts (1/15/14)
Take Two Cowl (1/11/14)
Take Three Cowl  (1/22/14)
Twin Cowl (1/23/14)  
It's a Flesh Wound cowl (2/3/14)
BOK BOK (2/23) Ravellenics
Rainbar (2/22) Ravellenics
Rainmitts (2/22) Ravellenics

Rainbow Pom (2/9) Ravellenics
Helmetbow (2/22) Ravellenics
Jasper Hat and Mitts (2/23)

Elegant Downton Hat for swap (3/16/14)
Leprechaun Tam and Beard (3/16/14)
Baby Jacob Hat (3/23/14)
Sockhead Hat (3/28/14)
Dr. Who Scarf (2/13/14)
Oliver's Hat (4/8/14)
Crochet Crown (4/6/14)
Crochet Mermaid Barrette (4/6/14)
Crochet Rose Barrette (4/6/14)

WIPS: Crochet:
Mission Falls Poncho: (Started 2006)
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)
Aran Blanket: (Started 2009): two panels done
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done
Betty Shrug: I don’t know how long I’ve been working on this, but it only has an arm and a border to go.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done.Orange cotton wrap (started ?)
Tis the Season (11/10/13)
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14)
 

Knit:
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done
Knit the Sky (1/1/14)
Light in Shadows (1/14/14)
Tutti-Frutti Cowl (12/31/14)
Colored Wings (2/8/14)


Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012)
Faces in Wallpaper (Sept 2013)
Adele Socks (April 2013)
H's Everyday Socks (Jan 2013)  
Johnny's Socks (Jan 2013)

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011)
Larry Stashbuster Scarf (2012)
Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in
Misc:
Sunflower: (August 2012) Need a back and to felt
Water Bottle Cozy
 

Gifts/Charity: 
Owl for Rose
Hats for friend's babies
2 Stargate keychains
1 pair Stargate earrings  
1pair fingerless gloves

WIMs: Projects I have the yarn and the pattern
Sweaters:
Baroque Tabard Tunic
Test Pattern Sweater
Car Coat
Cowl Vest
 

Shawls/Scarves/Cowls 
Rockefeller
Wholehearted
West End Scarf 
Gathering Leaves
Alhambra
Petal Edge Scarf
Filippi Scarf 
Firefly Scarf 
Fraxinus 
Danube Cowl
Simple City
Fire and Ice
Multnomah
Leylines 
Holden Shawlette
Daybreak
Trellis Shawl
Bedford Springs Shawl   
 

Hats and Mitts
Hermione Hearts Ron
Nehalm Hat
Felicity
Stellar
Cabled Headband
Fetching  
Cayunga Hat and Mitts set
Preposterous
Ruffled hat and mitts
Evergreen Gloves
Sheepy Cuffs
Twisted Rib Mitts and Hat
 
Socks:
Memento Mori
Rubus
Siren Socks
Hey, Have I Ever Steered You Wrong?
Savory Lace Socks
Autumn Flame
Firebird
Rescue Me, Chin Boy and Show Me the Stars
Twin peaks
 

Bags:
Sarape Shopper
Pleated Purse
Circular Felted Bag

6 comments:

Lucy Bowen said...

It's beautiful here too - I hope you get your lovely relaxing week :-)

Christine said...

Yuck. Taxes. Best of luck to you on that!
Frogging always feels like a dreadful thing, but when you get nearly back to where you started ripping... It doesn't seem so bad. Looking forward to seeing it done!

Anonymous said...

I hope your rainbow wings works out this time, I love the colour of it. Hope your taxes are done soon and you can enjoy some crafting.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Spring break and good weather - yay! Sorry you had to rip and restart, but sometimes that's the only way. Sounds like you're back on track and are flying through it.

Enjoy your trip, and try not to go too crazy at Webs! That's a lot of temptation!

Sam I Am...... said...

So glad you have Spring break. The weather here is wet and cold after the storms came through yesterday. My taxes are done and I'm so happy to be getting a refund! I was NOT expecting that but it is much appreciated.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who "frogs"! LOL! But I have learned a lot these past few years and hopefully it will make me a better knitter in the long run. What a beautiful shawl that is turning out to be. The yarn is luscious! I thought it was so pretty in that pile after you frogged it too. Can you just see white bowls lined up with crinkly beautiful "frogged" fibers in them? A new decorating craze?
You're going to Webs? How fun! I have not been to a real yarn shop...ever. I can only order online which I am grateful for. If it wasn't for the internet I probably would never have learned at all. Enjoy your week and I can't wait to see what you get at Webs.

Unknown said...

i'm sorry you had to turn it to spaghetti! Glad to see its looking great now, and you've made progress!