Saturday, April 19, 2014

Epic Stash Saturday...

So on Thursday I headed to WEBS....I have two swaps to chop for and I just wanted to get away for a day....haven't done much this Spring Break, read a lot, watched tv..took naps...weather was really nice on Monday and then kinda crappy the rest of the week...with snow, rain, cold....

And what did I see?  Honestly I walked around for at least 40 minutes without deciding....then this happened..
And who wouldn't want fun socks like those!
It's not even in the Ravelry database, so it must be very new...

Then I went back to the warehouse and picked up a few things I had seen on my walk through...I was CONVINCED that I NEEDED to make something in Orchid....so this happened...

There are actually 5 skeins..I've already started on two...while I like the feel of the yarn, it is really splitty!  I also picked up the new Interweave Crochet and am making the Zelda Cloche with this yarn.

I also picked up this for socks...

I also picked up a skein of this..

but put it back and got three skeins of this
to make the Sermilik Shawl, an anniversary pattern for WEBS by Kristin Omdahl.  I've been looking for a crochet shawl pattern.  The yarn is also anniversary yarn dyed by Lorna's Laces in Valley Yarns Huntington.

Then I saw this
and got it to make the Centuria Tam by Franklin Habit....whether he knows it or not, he's my new buddy, since I met him at Stitches.....and yes it's the same color he used...another set of Anniversary pattern with Anniversary yarn....I also got some buttons, pins, hand lotion, and the two patterns.

But WAIT!  I was NOT DONE, as I decided to stop by Creative Yarns on the way home....and these came home with me...

Malabrigo Yarn Silky Merino...cuz ya' know that blue I mentioned?  Yeah....
And some of this..Zen Yarn Garden in a OOAK.....int he new Serenity 20

And then I found these in the sale bin...or rather shelf....
Both 100% cashmere at 50% off...and 4 buttons..gonna be a stripey cowl with buttons...any suggestions?

And yes I did get yarn for one of my swaps, the other one, I have to get a particular yarn...but I did buy some other little doodady things....














5 comments:

Babajeza said...

You seem to have had a nice yarn hunt! :-) I'm quite tightfisted these days due to work related issues. Happy Easter! Regula

Paula said...

Thanks for sharing your shopping trip. I'm back in no new stash mode due to vet bills (felines are fine now).

Nicole said...

I'm making Skyp with the Regia, same colors :-) Nice haul!

Unknown said...

love love love the Regia!!

Handmade by Stefanie said...

That is a pretty awesome haul! I would imagine it's hard to come away from WEBS without even MORE pretty yarn!!