Wednesday, April 3, 2013

It's Wednesday..how many days until the weekend?

I was in a workshop all day yesterday...today I have coaching....Thursday we have the grade level spelling bee and I have to give a writing prompt....Friday I have coaching again....We are all being trained in a new program...and twice a week every couple weeks, we have a coach come in our room and "co-teach" a lesson...It's actually quite beneficial, but stressful...and my last coaching session was an absolute failure, as the behaviors were out of control in my room on that day...so, yeah...how many more days until the weekend?

Tuesday, I actually picked up my H socks and worked 2 rows....just 2 rows...no repeats....but here's an updated picture..as they have grown since the last picture...
Ahhh..look at the cute kitty modeling....I did not make cute kitty....I won her in a fundraiser....She needs some clothes....or maybe she'll just be like Dobby and just have a sock....Actually Crochet Today has a cat pattern and they have clothes for the cat that are inspired by different countries...I may make her a friend...and some clothes....I named her Sassafras...Sassy for short....

And then on Sunday morning I got up pretty early, posted my YOP, looked around my yarn room...and spied an old WIP just sitting there, so I pulled it out and started crocheting...This is my Plum Pudding....I started it a long time ago, for a little girl who is now 6 or 7....it probably won't go to her, as I don't see them often...I may just donate it....but here it is...
It's actually smaller than it was....I didn't like how it was rippling, so I ripped it down to the third star awhile ago...and it's just been sitting since...we'll see how it goes....

I'm continuing to read The Demi-Monde,  but did just download Redshirts by John Scalzi.....

on Saturday I bought the Hubs the new Nook HD tablet....he's not quite sure what to do with it all...I set it up for him...I have the original Nook tablet...and he has the original nook....but with the purchase of this tablet, I also got a nook reader...so now we have 4 in the house...I think one will be going to his sister...

Take a look at some of the other WIP's going on and the books being read at: Tami's, Wisdom in Wonder and Yarn Along



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the color of the socks!

Mamma said...

I love the purple star. So vibrant!

Evelyn said...

Your post made me giggle ~ such a pretty sock that you're working on.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

My ...what big ears your bunny has! :) I wound up making 5 of them and had planned to make more but ran out of time. Each one takes 2 hours and the ears for me were the fiddliest part of all. I tried knitting twice but could not get the hang of it. Looks like your sock is coming along nicely. Cute kitty! Tammy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

P.S. I have lots of projects that need to be either finished or unraveled and used for something else. :/